Gaudi's masterpieces - Walking tour from Hotel Lloret Ramblas.
1. Hotel Lloret Ramblas. Start off in Hotel Lloret Ramblas, 1 minute to Pl Catalunya and La Rambla.
2. Pl. Catalunya. Pl. Catalunya, on the lower border of of L'Eixample .
3. Pg. Gracia. Walk up along the wide, tree-lined Pg. de Gracia and resist the tempatation to enter the endless array of designer boutiques. You may notice a significant difference from the cramped, old building of the Barri Gotic.
4. La Manzana de la Discordia The entire block between C. Aragó and C.Consell de Cent, known as La Manzana de la Discordia, is one of the most notable Modernist landmark. It is known as the block of discord due to the clash among three designs: Casa Amatller, Casa Lleó, and Casa Batlló.
5. Casa Milà (La Pedrera) Three long blocks up Pg. de Gracia is perhaps Gaudi`s best known work aside from La Sagrada Familia. This buildings, designed to mimic the ocean´s waves and seaweed, and its are definitely worth a visit.
6. La Sagrada Familia The last stop is well worth the long walk. Take a right on C. Provença and follow it for 11 blocks. You cannot miss Gaudi's masterpiece.
7. Palau Güell. Recently opened Palau Güell is located 6 blocks down from the hotel at the crossroads of La Rambla & Nou de la Rambla. The building, designated Word Heritage by UNESCO in 1984 in recognition of its excepcitional universal value as a cornerstone in the renewal of architecture on a global scale, was the private residence of the Güell family in the late 19th and the early 20th cenutries. It constitutes the only example of domestic architecture that Gaudí brought to completion and which subsequently did no undergo essential changes.